We all love chicken noodle soup but instead of eating it out of a can or at a chain restaurant, the healthier option would be to make it yourself! The benefits are endless when you take the time to make this soup at home.
Try this tasty chicken soup recipe that substitutes out traditional grain noodles with zucchini noodles (zoodles). You’ll avoid inflammation and still have that taste that you loved as a kid when you devoured a warm bowl of chicken noodle soup.
- A study on thyme has shown to reduce heart rates in rats with high blood pressure as well as lower their cholesterol.
- Thyme is beneficial for immunity because it is packed with Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Thyme is also packed with copper, fiber, iron and manganese.
- Thyme has the ability to boost your mood as a 2013 study has shown. The findings showed that thyme positively affected the subjects’ neuron activity and boosted their feeling of well-being.
- In addition, thyme can be found in the form of an essential oil, which is often used as a natural cough remedy and has been proven to alleviate cough and other symptoms of acute bronchitis.
- Zucchini can help you lose weight because it is low in calories. Its rich fiber content also keeps you full for longer.
- It is a great source of Vitamin C and manganese, which is the best source of dietary fiber.
- Zucchini also contains Vitamin A, magnesium, folate, potassium, copper, and phosphorus. It also contains the “good” fat (omega-3 fatty acids), zinc, Vitamin B1, B6, B2 and calcium.
- Zucchini’s fiber content can help alleviate cancer conditions by ridding the cancer-causing toxins from our cells.
- Zucchini’s Vitamin C content can help protect cells from harmful chemicals that can lead to colon cancer. It also contains an array of anti-inflammatory properties helping to reduce the effects of asthma, arthritis and many other disorders involving swelling.
- Vitamin C and manganese help keep our heart strong. Zucchini’s fiber content also helps to lower high cholesterol levels, reducing the risk of heart disease.
The store-bought or chain restaurant-made soup cannot compare to the ingredients found in this Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe. Besides having amazing health benefits, it’s warm, delicious and satisfying.