Your standard BLT (bacon, lettuce, tomato) sandwich is far from paleo friendly. But, that can easily be fixed by keeping the sandwich’s core ingredients that offer a wide range of nutrients and healthy fats, and simply swap out any components that don’t make the cut.
Below, you’ll find every paleo dieter’s dream: a mouth-watering low-carb BLT recipe, a Baconnaise recipe (bacon mayo) that won’t make you sacrifice any creaminess, and finally, a fluffy gluten-free paleo sandwich bread that’ll bring your sandwich to the next level.
Who said eating healthy had to be bland or boring!?
Paleo BLT Wrap Recipe
Time: 5-10 min
Cleaning up your diet can be made simple by converting traditional sandwich foods into lettuce wraps. This healthy alternative frees you of any unnecessary inflammationor bloat that comes with traditional white sandwich bread (if you’d like, find a gluten-free paleo bread below as an alternative). Once you’ve tackled the bread, swapping out conventional mayo is another easy fix (see below).
These wraps are perfect for any meal and occasion. Enjoy!
- 1 head butter lettuce (or collard greens, dinosaur kale, romaine or cabbage)
- 1 pound bacon, cooked
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons homemade mayo or Baconnaise (recipe available below)
- Wash the butter lettuce and pat dry. Lay 2-3 leaves on top of each other for each wrap.
- Place one piece of bacon on each wrap, 1-2 slices of tomato, 1 slice of avocado, and an optional smear of homemade mayo or Baconnaise
- Roll up and enjoy!
Paleo Baconnaise Recipe
Bring your BLT to the next level with this velvety, bacon-ey mayo recipe. By simply collecting some of the bacon grease by baking (or frying) up a half pound of bacon, you’re set to make the best paleo spread – ever.